Monday, June 26, 2006

PORTUGAL 1 - HOLLAND 0


Usually I don't watch football matches, but when Portugal plays, something changes...
I can't explain it but, it just happens. Yesterday, I went to see the match in Faro's downtown (nice city in the south of Portugal). I dressed myself with the colours of my flag and went out with my friends.

I've hatted and loved the game. I didn't like the referee a bit. It's a little suspicious, being said by me but, I keep seeing Portugal in unfair situations...A little coherence, applying the rules...


Where's the fairplay? What have they done to Cristiano Ronaldo? It seemed to me that it was done on purpose, of send him out. The game would have been better if the rules where applied equally. Is it about "may the best win" or "let's kick same ass", take some important players out.

I'm really trill about Portugal being the best team with 11, 10 and 9 players but, it's true that, I get sad thinking that fairplay is vanishing.

Besides all those drawbacks, I love one thing football: People get alive! When else do you see so many people dancing, doing bodypainting, hugging each other, living their houses to sing their country hymn?

I hate to see that only football has money and support from media but, It's good in many ways.

Any Sport should and could be a "Public Relations" of it's country. I risk to say that's the most international language of all.

When will other sports have half of the support?!

Anyway, if this is the sport that's taking Portugal forward, for now, I wish them the best! Next saturday I'll be in red, yellow and green, waiting for a good match.

GOOD LUCK PORTUGAL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Estadisticas y contadores web gratis
Oposiciones Masters